27 Sep pie on your face: diy moisturizing pumpkin face mask
Everything is pumpkin this time of year, and chances are you’ll end up with part of a can leftover. So why not use it to look even better with this pumpkin face mask?
It’s been a busy summer of scheduling fun, family activities, but with kids back in school and fall upon us I am ready to take some time for a little TLC for my body with a little home beauty treatment time. I think it’s something most of us forget to do as we get stuck in the rut of our daily routines. I find myself too often exhausted at the thought of doing anything else besides watching some reality TV, possibly with a drink in hand (though not lately), before I crash for the night.
There’s nothing quite like the feeling of cool, crisp fall air after a long, hot summer to remind me of taking care of myself. One of my favorite fall smells are comforting wafts of pumpkin pie slipping out of a hot oven as it bakes getting ready to fulfill its delicious destiny. This cozy smelling, natural pumpkin face mask will leave you refreshed, and give your skin the bit of love it deserves after the enduring the summer elements.
This mask contains ingredients that are beneficial to your skin. I encourage you to buy organic, to avoid putting any unnecessary chemicals onto your skin. It is your body’s biggest organ. If you just have conventional ingredients on hand or budget restrictions, use what you can.
ingredient health benefits:
- pumpkin: High in antioxidants including retinol (Vitamin A) – which helps reduce sun damage and signs of aging, Vitamin C and E, and salicylic acid – which helps remove dead skin cells.
- cinnamon: Helps eliminate bacteria, and it smells great!
- raw honey: Holds in moisture, and also eliminates bacteria.
- yogurt: Moisturizes, another bacteria eliminator and the lactic acid helps tighten your pores.
- oatmeal: Contains natural cleansers (saponins) and moisturizes.
So after dinner one night, and your chores are done, make the time to whip up this simple and delicious homemade mask recipe that will make your skin say yum!
pumpkin face mask recipe